Access to archived minutes

ST. MICHAEL’S C OF E PRIMARY SCHOOL


Minutes of a meeting of the PTFA Committee for St Michael’s C of E Primary School held at St Michaels C of E Primary School, Boardman Fold Rd, Alkrington, Middleton, Manchester on Monday 11th March at 6.00pm.


PRESENT: Ashley Barnett (Secretary)
Meryl Bruen (Deputy Chairperson)
Kelly Baxendale (Assistant Treasurer)


IN ATTENDANCE: Cheryl Clancy, Rob Bishop, Dave Barrett and Kathryn Davies


APOLOGIES: Louise Nicholson, Jill Brenchley (Chairperson), Linzi Payton (Tresurer), Elana Froggatt, Rob Bishop, Julie Morrish, Keeley Lee, Selina Smith, Claire Evans, Jo Monks, Mark Nuttall, Leasa Doran, Sarah Healey-Clements and Joanna Adamson (Assistant Secretary)


1. The meeting was opened at 6.00 p.m. and the minutes of the meeting held on 07th February 2013 were read and approved.
2. Fundraising Events for 2013
A summary of events planned for 2013 were discussed.
 Bags to Schools – A number of collections are planned for the year with the next one being 19th April. The event in January raised nearly £70. CC to confirm dates for 2013.
 Cinema Afternoons – The next event is 15th April – the day the school returns from the Easter break. The film is Disney’s Wreck It Ralph. A note will be sent out before the half term break letting parents know and the booking form will be sent out after half term. The cost of the event has increased by £25 due to increased costs for the supplier. There is another cinema afternoon planned before the break for Summer and the film is The Croods.
 Family Christmas Party – Positive feedback after the last event means we will look to plan this event again in December.
 Christmas Raffle – Will be run again and will be drawn at Xmas party.
 Ladies Night – An event is planned for June 2013 – Cheryl and Bea to confirm date (confirmed as 22nd June). Venue to be confirmed. Volunteers required due to amount of work involved. MG and CE said they would help. CR.
 Spring Fair – See below for full detail
 Bupa Great North Run – 26th May 2013. DB contacted each person and entry to the event will be confirmed once final numbers known.
 Football competition – June 2013 – DB to liaise with JB
 Race Night – September 2013 – Look at possibly using the Hebers again as a venue AB.
 Bowling event at end of school year – AB to liaise with 1st Bowl to look at potential dates at end of the school year – needs to be a weekend.